Pickled Carrot Sticks With Cauliflower Recipe Per Jar 1LB
Want 6 Jars? 5-LB Carrots and x5 Recipe, same steps just 6 jars instead of one!
1 pound carrots, cut into 3 1/2- by 1/3-inch sticks
1 1/4 cups water
1 cup cider vinegar
1/4 cup sugar
2 garlic cloves, lightly crushed
1 1/2 tablespoons dill seeds
1 1/2 tablespoons salt
Handful Of Fresh Dill
- Blanch carrots in a 4-quart nonreactive saucepan of boiling normal salted water 1 minute, then drain in a colander and rinse under cold water to stop cooking. Transfer carrots to a heatproof bowl. (Leave until ready)
- Bring ingredients to a boil in a saucepan, then reduce heat and simmer 2 minutes.
While ingredients are boiling, put the jar on a flat cookie sheet and put it in the oven at, 140°F or 170°F if your oven doesn’t go that low. (Just keep the jar hot, That’s all.)
- When ingredients and jar are ready, pull the jar out of the oven and put fresh dill and 2 garlic cloves, lightly crushed into the jar.
- Place jar in (Water bath canner)
Fill with hot water. (Must be 1 to 2 Inches above jar)
- Pull jar out of the water bath canner and put it back onto the cookie sheet (for now)
- Bring water in the water bath canner to a boil, then add jar to the (water bath canner)
After, adjust heat to (5 Dial) to keep a low rolling boil (while water bath canner lid is on) for ruffly 15 to 20min (depending your altitude in your location)
- Remove jar from water bath canner and place on a wood cutting board or a towel. (If you do more then one jar, make sure the jar is 2″ inches away from each other)
Let jars cool naturally 12 to 24 hours before checking for a seal.
Store in cool, dry place up to 12 months enjoy in 1 months time!