BoomTouch Portable Speaker Review
I did a review of this product. At first, I was skeptical of its claims (from in store).
I picked this speaker up for $30 Canadian
At first, I was wondering if it was using a microphone and amplifying the sound on what it hears. When I brought it home I did some tests and decided to take it apart and found out it’s using two transformers or copper wire wrapped as an antenna to create a magnetic field. I had to look at the instructions and I was right. It was creating a radio magnetic field. AKA radiate radio frequency energy.
I’m not too sure if it’s safe for your devices, but I wouldn’t use it for that option, to begin with.
This device sounds muffled and more of a midbass when using the “magnetic field” They really need to improve on that idea in the future.
It does come with an AUX input and it does sound way better using it. The speaker sounds OK for its size.
Most people would rather just use Bluetooth and have their devices on hand. With this, you need to be tied in by a cord or lay it down to use it.
I would find it more as a show and tell but not for everyday use unless you do use the AUX input.
I cannot hate on the device. It does what it says and works great. It can come in handy for speakerphone calling or a device that does need a boost that doesn’t have an Audio jack.
Will see if they improve on the idea but I recommend for them to add the ability for Bluetooth. Having both is a just perfect idea.
Also, want to mention that the sound quality varies from devices playing on the top. My Sylvania SP620 on the top did make it sound better and same goes with the Olympus DM-420
Mobile devices might be just the problem.
- Size: L13cm x W 10cm x H 10cm
- Batteries: 4.5 V DC, 3x 1.5V AA alkaline batteries only (not included).
- Set includes: 1 x Boom Touch Speaker
- Weights: Gross weight 345g / Net Weight 275g
- Antenna: Small PCB Miniature Transformers
- Speaker: 3-watt 4-ohm Speaker
- AUX In: 3.5mm
- Warning: Read instructions before use, Place your phone or device onto the speaker and the sound will instantly amplify. Volume adjusted via your device. Up to 8-hour battery life. No wires or pairing needed. Compatible with most smartphones and MP3 player with external speakers. If it’s got a speaker it’s probably going to work.
The speaker can be powered with or without batteries. Insert any standard micro USB cable (not included) to the back DC 5V IN port. Larger devices may require a standard 3.5mm aux cable (not included).
My Video Review
- What do you think of the device?
- Do you have one?
If so what does it work well with?
- Most importantly what do you use it with and why?
- Are you thinking of buying one? If so here are some links for you.
- Original Site: //www.boomtouch.com/BOOMTOUCH/22.0000/Index.dtm
- Amazon.com: //www.amazon.com/s/ref=nb_sb_noss_2?url=search-alias%3Delectronics&field-keywords=BoomTouch
- Amazon.ca: //www.amazon.ca/s/ref=nb_sb_noss?url=search-alias%3Daps&field-keywords=BoomTouch
- SearchThat.net: //searchthat.net/search.html?q=boomtouch#gsc.tab=0&gsc.q=boomtouch&gsc.sort=