HOW TO CONVERT IMAGES TO MINECRAFT USING SPRITECRAFT TO SCHEMATIC
If you are trying to do something like this: You’re in luck.
In this tutorial I will show you how to convert any image into Minecraft blocks using a couple of tools.
Lets get started.
Your going to need:
MCEdit 1.0 is a saved game editor for Minecraft. Since Minecraft saved games contain every single element of the world the player is playing in, it has much more in common with 3D world, map, and terrain editors than traditional saved game editors. MCEdit has been developed since 2010 with the original goal of allowing Classic levels to be played in the full version of Minecraft
If you do not have PC Minecraft you CANNOT use MC-Edit.
If you do not have Java SE installed you CANNOT use SpritecraftFull.jar
- When you have SpritecraftFull.zip extract the folder to your desktop. You can use Winrar to extract.
- Open SpritecraftFull.jar using Java Platform SE binary
- Find the image you want. My Example would be this one:
- Click on browse in SpritecraftFull.jar
- Under Max Width and Height is how many blocks in the game. Example: Minecraft Max Height is: 256 so don’t go past that.
Since I’m using Zelda the image is at: 256px x 256px I should be able to uncheck No max width and No max height.
When done, click Create Minecraft Blueprint!
- You can save image but we want to Save Schematic. You can change blocks. if you like but i’m not going to for this demo.
- Save to desktop. We can move it later.
- Alright. Now open MC-EDIT
- Open your world and click Import
- Select the Zelda.schematic from your desktop or were ever you saved it. Example Zelda.schematic
- Now just position your your image were ever you want. E & R keys will let you flip. Nudge + W/A/S/D keys will move it. Menu to save or CTRL+S to save.
Alright. You now have your image into your Minecraft world. If you found this tut helpful please share it.
Official image of Zelda: http://www.iconarchive.com/show/game-stars-icons-by-yellowicon/Zelda-icon.html
Zelda.schematic download: Zelda