Pickled Carrot Sticks Recipe Per Jar 1LB
Want 6 Jars? 5-LB Carrots and x5 Recipe, same steps just 6 jars instead of one!
1 pound carrots, cut into 3 1/2- by 1/3-inch sticks
1 1/4 cups water
1 cup cider vinegar
1/4 cup sugar
2 garlic cloves, lightly crushed
1 1/2 tablespoons dill seeds
1 1/2 tablespoons salt
Handful Of Fresh Dill
- Blanch carrots in a 4-quart nonreactive saucepan of boiling normal salted water 1 minute, then drain in a colander and rinse under cold water to stop cooking. Transfer carrots to a heatproof bowl. (Leave until ready)
- Bring ingredients to a boil in saucepan, then reduce heat and simmer 2 minutes.
While ingredients is boiling, put the jar on flat cookie sheet and put it in the oven at, 140°F or 170°F if your oven doesn’t go that low. (Just keep the jar hot, That’s all.)
- When ingredients and jar is ready, pull the jar out of the oven and put fresh dill and 2 garlic cloves, lightly crushed into the jar.
- Place jar in (Water bath canner)
Fill with hot water. (Must be 1 to 2 Inches above jar)
- Pull jar out of the water bath canner and put it back onto the cookie sheet (for now)
- Bring water in the water bath canner to a boil, then add jar to the (water bath canner)
After, adjust heat to (5 Dial) to keep a low rolling boil (while water bath canner lid is on) for ruffly 15 to 20min (depending you’re altitude in your location)
- Remove jar from water bath canner and place on a wood cutting board or a towel. (If you do more then one jar, make sure the jar is 2″ inches away from each other)
Let jars cool naturally 12 to 24 hours before checking for seal.
Store in cool, dry place up to 12 months enjoy in 1 months time!