STIR-FRIED SHRIMP FILLING
- 1 lb. raw shrimp
- 1 tsp. cornstarch
- 1/2 tps. salt
- 4 tps. sherry
- 1 lb. bean sprouts (cook for 1 minute in boiling water, then drain)
- 1/2 head cabbage thinly sliced
2 SHALLOTS, finely chopped
1/4 cups fresh mushrooms, thinly sliced and chopped
1 1/2 cups celery, chopped very fine
2 Tbs. oil
1 Tbs. oil
1/4 tbp, salt
1/2 tsp. sugar
- Shell and devein shrimp, cut into small pieces, Combine next three ingredients; then add to shrimp and mix well.
- Heat 2 Tbs. oil over high heat. Add shrimp and stir-fry until pink. Remove from pan.
- Heat additional 1 Tbs. oil and salt. Add celery. Stir-Fry for 2 minutes; sprinkle with sugar. Add mushrooms; stir-fry 1 minute.
- Return cooked shrimp to pan, mix well and stir-fry 1 minute
- Now transfer mixture to a colander, to drain and cool. Then, follow easy instructions for filling egg rolls.
VARIATIONS: Instead of bean sprouts, substitute 1/2 cup FRESH WATER-CHESTNUTS or 1/4 cup grated carrots.
Credit for filling egg roll image: